- Know how to subscribe to the appropriate WYLD email distribution lists.
- Know basic computer skills, such as file management.
- Know how to access WorkFlows for staff functions.
- Be able to move between toolbars in WorkFlows and understand when to use different groups of tools/wizards.
- Know how to access context-sensitive help in WorkFlows and WYLDcat.
- Search and display patron data in WorkFlows.
- Search and display basic item data in Workflows and WYLDCat.
- Navigate through various tabs, screens, or to next set of records in WYLDCat and WorkFlows.
- Use the Workflows Searching Tips Technote.
- Be able to place holds in WYLDCat and WorkFlows.
- Know when to contact the WYLD Office.
- Recognize and access glossaries in WorkFlows.
- Be able to translate Roman numerals into Arabic numbers.
- Recognize temporary (on-the-fly) records, and understand their uses, such as on-order records for acquisitions and temporary records created to circulate items that are not linked in the catalog.
- Be proficient in advanced item searching strategies using all available wizards, helpers, qualifiers, sorts, etc. in WorkFlows and WYLDCat.
- Be able to modify wizard properties in WorkFlows.
- Access the WYLD Network Members web site to answer questions and find procedures.
- Know and follow the WYLD Cataloging Standards.
- Know how to access and use the Support Portal for help.
- Be familiar with the articles and documents in the Support Portal pertinent to your area of responsibility. Be aware that you must log in to the portal to see all documentation.
- Refer to the Wyoming State Library Training Calendar.
- Be able to create temporary (on-the-fly) records to circulate items that are not linked in the catalog and know how to remove these records at a later date.
- Be able to download and install WorkFlows software from the State Library.
- Be able to modify WorkFlows client configuration settings using WorkFlows Preference menu (IP address, barcode scanner, receipt printer).
- Understand how circulation policies in WorkFlows govern system operations. See Technote – Circulation Map.
- Know how to request library policy and circulation map changes for your library.
- Be able to create custom toolbars in WorkFlows.
- Understand and manage reports using Reports Skills Checklist.
- Understand and manage reports using Analytics Skills Checklist.
Attached is the print-friendly version which includes URLs instead of hyperlinks.
Reviewed March 2021