Automatic Renewal Report Information
WYLD has a new custom report that can be used to automatically renew charged items.
The report runs before the library’s early warning notice, and will renew anything that the patron could normally renew.
Items will not renew if
- The maximum number of renewals allowed by the circulation policy has already been met.
- Circulation policies are in place to prevent renewal of the item.
- There is a hold on the item.
- The item is overdue.
The patron will not be notified of the renewal, as that is found to be confusing if they get a notice that items 1, 2 and 3 were automatically renewed but not 4, 5 and 6 (The notice only reports successful renewals). Since the early warning notice report runs after the automatic renewal report, anything that could not be renewed by the automatic renewal report will appear in the early warning notice.
- The report can be set to only renew your library’s materials
- Any item types that you don't want renewed can be excluded
- The report can include/exclude patrons by profile.
Contact the WYLD Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want the WYLD office to set up the report or have any question that this document does not answer.
* The Auto renewal report was made available in June of 2019